Sebastian Vettel won at Sepang his first victory of the season, while Mark Webber completed the first double win of Red Bull Team in 2010. Mercedes won the first GP podium of the season by Nico Rosberg.
Once in Bahrain and again in Australia has been betrayed by his RB6, Sebastian Vettel crossed into account his first victory of the season after he passed at the start on Rosberg and Webber. Although hoping for a win, 2nd place won by Webber provided the first double of the Red Bull this season, while the bitterness of the Mercedes GP by Schumacher’s abandon was partially extinguished by the first stage of 2010 provided by Rosberg.
Leaving from the tail squad, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Felipe Massa have made their way through, finishing the race 6, 7 and 8. Not so fortunate was Fernnado Alonso, who was forced to abandon in the last round due to engine trouble after he forced in front of an overtaking Button for 8th place.
Robert Kubica got a new good performance for Renault, finishing 4th in front of Adrian Sutil which confirms the good results of the Force India at the beginning of the season. The last points available in the game were taken by Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Rosso) and Nico Hulkenberg (Williams), both getting points for the first time in their careers.
01. Sebastian Vettel 1:33:48.412 secs
02. Mark Webber +4.8 secs
03. Nico Rosberg +13.5 secs
04. Robert Kubica +18.5 secs
01. Felipe Massa (Ferrari) – 39
02. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) – 37
03. Sebastian Vettel (RBR-Renault) – 37
04. Jenson Button (McLaren-Mercedes) – 35
05. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes GP) – 35
06. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) – 31
07. Robert Kubica (Renault) – 30
08. Mark Webber (RBR-Renault) – 24
09. Adrian Sutil (Force India-Mercedes) – 10
10. Michael Schumacher (Mercedes GP) – 9
01. Ferrari – 76
02. McLaren-Mercedes – 66
03. RBR-Renault – 61
04. Mercedes GP – 44
05. Renault – 30
06. Force India-Mercedes – 18