Buying something fun and functional to drive doesn’t have to bust your budget. There are plenty of used cars with lots of life and lots of value left. Better still, select models sell for extremely affordable prices, often below $5,000.
Bad credit doesn’t have to stop you either. With an after-bankruptcy car loan, for example, you can get the financing you need even if you’ve had credit troubles in the past.
If you’re sick of walking, asking for rides, relying on ride shares, and waiting for the bus, other options are available. Watch for these affordable used cars in your local auto listings:
- 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser – This model’s unique looks overshadow its impressive utility. It offers a lot of space for cargo, surprisingly good gas mileage, and a confident ride. This model also gets top scores for reliability, so don’t let the age bother you.
- 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit – The Rabbit is not around anymore, but there are still a lot of fans of this compact sedan. It offers a strong and confident drive, as well as a spacious interior, especially in back. Strong safety scores make this a great model for small families.
- 2009 Mitsubishi Gallant – The Gallant underwent a design refresh in 2009, so a lot of the features in this car were ahead of the competition at the time. The interior is spacious, and this model has been given high scores for safety and reliability.
- 2009 Scion xD – Navigating the city is easy in this small and sporty model. Thanks to a hatchback trunk it can still haul a lot of cargo, but due to the compact footprint the Scion xD gets great gas mileage.
- 2009 Pontiac Vibe – This is one of the larger models on this list, offering plenty of space in the hatchback trunk as well as both rows of seating. The Vibe is unexpectedly smooth to drive thanks to standard electronic stability control and electronic brake-force distribution.
- 2009 Toyota Yaris – The Yaris is a small hatchback that is still in production as of 2018. It does not offer a lot of bells and whistles, but that is why it’s one of the most affordable models on this list. For the price it’s actually very well-rounded.
- 2009 Chevrolet Malibu – A midsize sedan like the Chevrolet Malibu does everything fairly well. It has enough room for a family, plenty of power, a number of standard and optional upscale features, and looks that haven’t aged.
- 2009 Mercury Milan – This model proves that affordable used cars don’t have to be boring to drive. The Milan has sporty handling for a midsize sedan, especially when the optional V6 engine is under the hood.
- 2009 Hyundai Elantra – Don’t expect a lot of extras with this model. Don’t expect to pay a lot either. An older Elantra offers everything drivers need, including great ratings for fuel-efficiency and reliability. This models was named 2009 Best Compact Car for the Money by automotive experts.
- 2009 Saturn Vue – The Saturn Vue is a compact SUV perfect for people who need a little more space. The cabin is as stylish as it is comfortable, and the cargo area is big enough for big and bulky items.
As you can see, there are affordable used cars suitable for every kind of driver. There are also auto loan options suitable for every kind of borrower, even ones with bad credit. Research what is for sale in your area, from both dealers and from independent sellers. Then get approved for an auto loan and enjoy your newfound freedom.