Mar 8, 2011
Environmental current will never kill the public sympathy for sportsmanship, so that marks that are respected names in the sports car industry brought in Geneva 2011 the latest proposals for customers who want more from the exhibit than they have in the garage. Obviously, the emergence of the five models presented in this top only confirms that the top cars will remain the same regardless of the green turns taken by the volume brands.
1. Lamborghini Aventador - anxiously awaited by the whole auto movement, Murcielago‘s successor came to Geneva after it was previously announced in a series of teasers that have “dressed” the Italian model gradually over the recent weeks. The Lamborghini manufacturer of Sant’Agata Bolognese comes with a V12 engine with 700 horsepower and interesting figures in the column entitled “Performance”: 2,9 seconds for 0-100 km/h and 350 km/h maximum speed.
2. Ferrari FF – the latest addition to the range of Cavallino Rampante (prancing horse) does not replace any previous Ferrari model. From a simple reason: it is an absolute novelty for the Italian manufacturer. We talk about the first model in history of Ferrari that comes with four wheel drive and four seats, unthinkable elements considered by many fans of the brand. However, the interesting design Shooting Brake and the V12 engine with 660 horsepower promise that Ferrari FF will quickly find buyers.
3. Pagani Huayra – many of those present at the auto show called it the most exciting super sports car released in Geneva. And we can’t but give them justice, considering that the car we are talking about is drawn in the known style of Horacio Pagani and that has under the hood a V12 engine AMG Mercedes of 700 hp and 1000 Nm. Even more interesting is the fact that Pagani Huayra has a mass of only 1,350 kilograms.
4. Koenigsegg Agera R – the Swedes from Koenigsegg have taken over those from Bugatti at the Geneva Motor Show 2010, presenting the R version of the already ultra-sport Agera. We are talking about a machine made and constructed in 100% sporty spirit, for road performance. Under the bonnet, Koenigsegg Agera R comes with a V8 biturbo engine developing 1115 horsepower 1200 Nm of torque. We don’t have the 0-100 km/h performance, but the maximum speed attainable by Agera R is staggering: 440 km/h. This however, will be electronically limited to “only” 375 km/h.
5. Aston Martin Virage – while looking sports car manufacturers of this type with interest and we have the impression that sports models are divided into coupe, sedan-coupe and possibly cabriolet, Aston Martin explains that its range is complex, and the new Virage completes the line infiltrating between DBS and DB9. Obviously, we see another Aston Martin with sexy and elegant lines and at the same time under the hood brings a 6.0-liter V12 engine and 510 horsepower. Aston Martin Virage is available in both coupe and convertible – Aston Martin Volante.