After the British sports car maker Lotus has on the development of the electric athlete Tesla Roadster has worked to present the Brits are at the Geneva Motor Show, using their own vehicle with electric drive. Next goes in the Evora 414E hybrid with two electric motors and a gasoline range extender. Each of the two electric motors delivers a powerful 207 hp, making the sprint to 100 kph takes just 4 seconds. A lithium-ion battery with a storage capacity of 17 kWH is used as energy storage, which can be easily recharged overnight on a standard wall outlet. According to the lotus is pure electric range is around 50 kilometers, but this is sufficient for the daily average is certainly required. Thereafter, the Range Extender to automatically jump with his performance of 48 hp, which then provide power to the electric motors and simultaneously recharges the store. Thus, the Evora comes to a total range of around 480 kilometers. A special feature is still slowing down, where the braking energy is recovered and fed into the battery.
Daily updates, right on your email!
See news from a particular manufacturer
- TOP 10 Awesome Gadgets of the New Mercedes-Benz S-Class Posted on May 17, 2013
- Steps to Take After a Car Accident Posted on May 16, 2013
- 2014 Acura ILX – Full details and official pictures Posted on May 15, 2013
- 2014 SsangYong Korando Sports Restyling Posted on May 15, 2013
- Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D 150 hp the Land Cruiser Baby Posted on Apr 2, 2010
- The BMW rival to the Audi R8 will be inspired from Vision Efficient Dynamics concept Posted on Mar 31, 2010
- Danica Patrick – Beautiful Nascar Posted on Apr 7, 2010
- Arkym Aerosport created a new tuning kit for BMW M3! Posted on Apr 11, 2010
- Car Addicts in Holland: Is Golf MK5 the best choice? Posted on Nov 8, 2010
- Lamborghini Nitro – Farming Like a Boss Posted on Feb 27, 2013
- 2014 Porsche Panamera – Shanghai debut with new engines and a subtle restyling Posted on Apr 3, 2013
- Mazda6 – 2 million models off the production line Posted on Sep 14, 2010